Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Giving a Voice to the Voiceless

"Seek justice;  rescue the oppressed, defend the orphan, plead for the widow."
--Isaiah 1:17

Phillip Larue "Window"

"Even when we cried or shouted, still no one could help us."
In some countries, up to one third of adolescent girls report that their first sexual experience was forced.
World Health Organization
"I was placed in the wrong hands.  Others will realize what their rights are as women.  Especially for minors like me."
At least one out of every three women in the world has been raped, beaten, coerced into sex or otherwise violently abused in her lifetime.
United Nations Development Fund for Women
When good people do what they can, then there is great triumph over evil.
One simple belief:  Slaves are our sisters and brothers.
"I used to work hard in my young days.  Now I am going to school and studying to improve myself.  I want to become a police officer so I can catch all the criminals and protect the good people of our village."
80% of trafficking victims are female.  Over half of them are children.
These little girls have had their humanity ripped away from them.  It's time to take a stand.
Those of us with freedom are responsible for those without.  We have to set them free.
We can see the end of slavery in our lifetimes.  All we have to do is fight for the ones who have had their lives taken away from them.
A single life brought from bondage to freedom is all the promise needed to prove that change is possible.
"I have some words to tell other children who have suffered like I have.  We don't live under another's control.  We live with freedom.  Our futures depend on what we think."
"For me, freedom means something I can embrace with my heart, when I feel I have nothing to fear."
Every child deserves to be this happy.
If you'd like to know more about how to help, visit the International Justice Mission's home page.

No comments:

Post a Comment