Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Love Quotes I Adore

10. “I shouldn’t have to be a liar to make someone love me.  I shouldn’t be so afraid of losing someone that I’ll do anything to make them stay.”  --Deb Caletti

                Amen.  Relationships where you feel the need to lie to your partner in order to make them stay with you are extremely unhealthy.  If you catch yourself lying to your partner on a regular basis, it’s time for a reality check.



9.  “A lady I will be, but a man’s accessory, his handbag, no thank you.  I will not be someone’s ornament.  I will not just be someone’s honey, baby, sweetheart.”  --Deb Caletti

                My worth is not based on the amount of testosterone in my life, and it never will be.

8.  “Your time is so valuable, and look at these guys—depressive and moody and violent and immature and self-centered.  And what about the big daddy of them all—Prince Charming?  What was his secret life?  We don’t know anything about him, other than he looks good and comes to the rescue.”   --Deb Caletti

                She's right, we're so eager to jump into 'Happily Ever After' with Prince Charming when we don't even really know who he is when we're not there.

7. “You’ve got to have someone who loves your body.  Who doesn’t define you, but sees you.  Who loves what he sees.  Who you don’t have to struggle to be good enough for.”

                If you’re boyfriend doesn’t tell you at least three times a day how beautiful you are then you should kick his ass to the curb.  Love isn't supposed to make you feel inferior.

6. “It’s good to let God pick a man for you.  We don’t do so well when we pick them ourselves.  They end up lipsticks in a drawer, all those wrong colors you thought looked so good in the package.”  --Deb Caletti

                Two years ago I would have argued this point tooth and nail, but I agree with it now.  I’m not saying that you shouldn’t date unless God sends you a sign from Heaven, I’m just saying you should be much more selective with who you let go traipsing around your heart.

5. “You know, when it works, love is pretty amazing.  It’s not overrated.  There’s a reason for all those songs.”  --Sarah Dessen

                Damn straight.

4. “I have found that to love and be loved is the most empowering and exhilarating of all human emotions.”    --Jane Goodall

                Being loved is probably the most amazing emotion in the world, and definitely the most powerful.  I’m in love with the concept of love.

3. “One is loved because one is loved.  No reason is needed for loving.”  --Paulo Coehlo

                I would never stay with a man who expected me to prove my love to him.  Love should be enough.

2. “You call it madness, but I call it love.”  --Don Byas

                This quote is so simple, but it’s also so genuine.

1.”Love doesn’t make the world go round, love is what makes the ride worthwhile.”  --Elizabeth Browning

                I wish I possessed the kind of eloquence with words that she did.

Tell me, darlings, what is your favorite quote about love?  

No comments:

Post a Comment