Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Am I Stupid For Being a Lovely?

A Lovelyish reader recently left a comment on one of my posts stating, "absolutely nothing of value is in the mind of a 'Lovely'," and I feel that comment was uncalled for.  Sure, Lovelyish features a crap load of fashion and silliness, but the editors also chose stories that are important.  I've only been a Lovelyish reader/contributor since January of this year, but within these three short months I've been on Lovelyish, I've read/submitted a lot of stories with 'value'.  So with this post, I'm going to outline 4 Lovelyish posts that are not only interesting to read, but are also full of value.

1. "OMG", "LOL" and "<3" are Added to the Oxford English Dictionary  I don't know about you, but I think it's important to be kept in the loop regarding words that have been added to our language.  Regardless of how stupid the words themselves are, it's still something important that people should know.
2. Super Bowl Expected to Draw in Human Trafficking  This is yet another post from a Lovelyish contributor--this time it was mine--explaining the horrors of human trafficking.  If that's not vital information, then I don't know what is.
3. Be A Part of Operation Beautiful  I don't know about you, but I feel like building someone's self esteem is valuable.
4. Massive Earthquake and Tsunami Hit Japan  Information regarding a world tragedy is always vital and valuable.
There you have it--proof that there is more than just beauty, fashion, and style floating around in the head of a 'Lovely'. In my experience, I've found that if you go around looking for things to complain and bitch about, you're almost always guaranteed to find them.  I'm not saying that readers should stop posting their opinions in the comment section of posts, but constructive criticism is much better than a blatant snarky remark.  Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment